Elite Auto Services – Pataskala, OH
Car won’t start? This could be caused by a variety of things, so we’ve compiled a list of some of the most common reasons and tips for troubleshooting the cause. Typically, there are subtle distinctions between the causes, as listed below, and it can save you some time at a repair shop if you know what the issue is upfront.
Here are the most common reasons your car may not start:
- The battery is dead. If your car makes a clicking noise but won’t start, it is likely that your battery is dead. This is an easy fix, regardless if you need a new one, or to charge your existing battery.
- The alternator is bad. The alternator is responsible for charging your battery while the car engine is running. There are a few signs of a bad alternator; including, dimmed headlights, illuminated dash lights, or a growling sound. If left untreated, you may find yourself with a car that won’t start, because the battery has not been charging properly.
- Fuel system issues. If the engine cranks but won’t start it possibly caused by a blocked fuel filter or a fuel pump failure.
- The ignition switch is bad. This switch is what sends energy from the battery to spark the starter and begin burning gas. If this switch goes bad, none of this process can start. This issue is typically characterized by flickering dash lights, and difficulty turning the key.
- The starter is faulty. A faulty starter causes a high-pitched screeching sound, similar to that of when a car is running and the starter is accidentally hit again.
Elite Auto Services here in Pataska, OH will be able to fully diagnose the issue and provide the solutions to get your vehicle up-and-running again.